Some must win games this week as the backups take over
- Baltimore Ravens@ Pittsburgh Steelers- After a week 1 loss to the Patriots, the Steelers looked like they would be able to roll over teams until an unfortunate injury to Ben Roethlisberger has many thinking this could hurt the black and gold. Michael Vick Will start his first game for the Steelers on Thursday and it is clear this is not the Vick from early years, but even then he was still not the guy you would necessarily want. On the other side of the field, the Ravens are looking to avoid an even more historic fall by trying to get their first win this season. As the old adage goes, something has to give. Does Vick show his leadership, or are the Ravens angry enough to stay focused and get their first win.
- Jacksonville Jaguars@ Indianapolis Colts- After dropping the first two, the Colts made a big comeback and held off the Titans to get a mark in the win column. This is a game that will really see what team the Colts are this season. Falling to the Jags will all but make us write them off this year. It is not so much about the Jaguars winning as it is about if the Colts can beat the teams they should.
- Oakland Raiders@ Chicago Bears- This is another game that has more implications for one team than the other. I have pointed out how winning at Soldier Field is a big deal no matter what Bears team shows up, and the Raiders are a big surprise so far this season. A win at the Bears will make a lot more eyes focus in on them and start analyzing Oakland if they are able to put it all together.
- Dallas Cowboys@ New Orleans Saints- The Cowboys dropped a huge game against the Falcons and now they go into a very tough Superdome to try their hand at beating an angry Saints team who needs a win to stay in the conversation this season. Both may be playing with backups so no team has a real edge on offense. However the Saints are not playing as a strong team right now while the Cowboys can pull it all together, but can they do it on the road?
- Green Bay Packers@ San Francisco 49ers- You can easily compare the Packers and Patriots. Both are having similar runs this season, both quarterbacks are going to be competing for MVP at the end of the year, and both are all around solid teams. This game is note worthy because you do not want to miss a Packers game. It may be a thing of sports history in the coming years.
Photo-Dilip Vishwanat/Getty Images North America