The 25th annual Cardinals Care Winter Warm-Up begins tonight with a virtual reunion of the 2011 World Champion Team. The Cardinals Care Annual Winter Warm-Up is traditionally the biggest fundraiser of the year for the St. Louis Cardinals charitable organization. This year’s event is going virtual due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Visit cardinals.com/wwu for the latest details.
Highlights of the weekend include:
- Virtual Experiences: During Winter Warm-Up weekend, fans will have the opportunity to join players, coaches and alumni in fun virtual Cardinals Experiences about life on and off the baseball diamond including a Q & A with Gold Glovers Tyler O’Neill, Paul Goldschmidt, Ozzie Smith and Jim Edmonds, a visit with Cardinals infielder and amateur chef Paul DeJong, a tour of the “Best Dressed Birds” wardrobes, including Dexter Fowler, Jack Flaherty and Harrison Bader, plus many more. Sign-ups for each Virtual Experience close at 9 AM CT the day prior to the event, so fans should act fast!
- Silent Auction Items: A variety of exclusive items and unique experiences will be up for bid each day of the Cardinals Care Winter Warm-Up. Fans can bid on Virtual Meet & Greets with Jack Flaherty and Tommy Edman, a basket of Paul Goldschmidt’s Favorite Things, and more. The Silent Auction will be open 9 AM to 5 PM on January 16 and 17, and 9 AM to 3 PM on January 18. Fans can check back daily for a new line-up of auction items available.
- 50/50 Raffle: Tickets for the online 50/50 Raffle are available for purchase now until 3 PM on Monday, January 18th. Fans can purchase a special ticket package for $75, that includes 250 raffle tickets and an authenticated autographed 8X10 Action Photo signed by a current or former Cardinals player, manager or coach (while supplies last).
- Autographed Items: Fans can also purchase autographed baseballs from some of their favorite current and former Cardinals including Paul Goldschmidt, Nolan Gorman, Matthew Liberatore, Tyler O’Neill, Tommy Edman, Matt Carpenter, David Freese, Lance Berkman, Tony La Russa, Chris Carpenter and more!
- Virtual Main Stage: Hear about the upcoming season and team insights from Cardinals executives, including Bill DeWitt III, Team President, John Mozeliak, President of Baseball Operations, Michael Girsch, VP & General Manager, Randy Flores, Assistant GM & Director of Scouting, and Gary LaRocque, Director of Player Development.
- Virtual Kids Room: Families can visit the Virtual Winter Warm-Up Kids room for a variety of free activities including virtual tours, activity sheets, and fun videos featuring everyone’s favorite mascot, Fredbird!
- FOX Sports Midwest Winter Warm-Up TV Specials: FOX Sports Midwest will air one-hour specials every day of the Cardinals Winter Warm-Up at 1 p.m. CT. Each show will be packed with interviews with current, former and future Cardinals, including Paul Goldschmidt, Dylan Carlson, Tommy Edman, Matthew Liberatore, Nolan Gorman, Lance Berkman, Allen Craig, David Freese and Jason Motte. The specials are available in the Cardinals Television Footprint and will be streamed on cardinals.com and FOX Sports GO.
The funds raised from the Winter Warm-Up will help Cardinals Care continue its mission of supporting children in the community through Redbird Rookies youth baseball and softball program, Youth Baseball Field, and Grant programs.