You may not have noticed but the STL graphic on broadcasts and the team’s social media channels has slighty changed.
According to the St. Louis Business Journal, the change will be fully implemented by the team in 2020. (on team caps, etc)
Here is a side by side comparison made by SportsLogos.net:
So what’s different?
- Significant differences in the “T”, now with serifs, the angled edges also gone from it
- the bottom-left edge of the “S” is updated to match its other end;
- overall there are softer, more rounded edges on all the letters.
- logo is skinnier than it was before, which I tried to illustrate with the scale line across the bottom
- bottom of the “S” has been extended so that it now lines up with the rest of the character
What do you think of the change?