Bold Predictions for Week 8
Boyd will be a huge play this week in all formats. He’s going up against a defense that struggles heavily defending the slot position. He struggled last week having his fewest amount of catches, targets, and yards but in a great matchup this week against TB expect him to eat. When the Bengals faced PIT two weeks ago, Boyd had 62 yards and 2 TDs. They are just as bad as TB when it comes to defending the slot. TB gives up the most yards and TDs (10) to the slot position and Boyd has played 69% of his snaps this year at the slot position.
Luck has been overshadowed by the incredible Pat Mahomes at the QB position over the past 4 weeks. Mahomes has totaled 11 TDs in that time span but no one is talking about Andrew Luck who has passed for 15 TDs during the same amount of time. Luck leads a pass heavy offense and with the emergence of Marlon Mack, that makes this offense even more dynamic. With the mix of pass and run now the Colts will be able to keep defenses guessing instead of always anticipating Luck throwing the football. Let’s not forget he’s top 5 in all fantasy formats and he didn’t play at all last season. He has another great matchup against OAK this week.
Seattle RBs have been rushing very well over the past 2 weeks and the worry everyone has is that they run in a committee. Carson, however, is the best RB in this backfield. He’s had 65 carries over his last 3 games and this week he is matched up against a DET defense who has given up 100 yards rushing to 3 of the six RBs carrying the ball at least 10 times in the game. He runs between the tackles very well and coming off a bye week he is a must play.
Start or Sit
- Eric Ebron – Sit…Jack Doyle is healthy, Ebron will split time as Doyle get’s mixed into the offense
- Carlos Hyde – Sit…his status is still up-in-the-air on how JAX will actually use him
- Corey Clement – Sit…10 touches and 22 yards last game doesn’t impress anyone.
- Latavius Murray – Start…the last 2 games he’s racked up 3 TDs and over 200 yards rushing
- Taylor Gabriel – Start…he’ll be the number 1 receiver with Robinson out with a groin injury
Watching the Waiver
- Keke Coutee – HOU WR – Will Fuller tears his ACL, Coutee steps in as the #2 in HOU. Even though he was out this week with a hamstring injury, he definitely deserves an add with the loss of Fuller. Plus, he’s had some really good outings against tough secondaries and those lighten up as the season goes on.
- Peyton Barber – TB RB – Even with a TD last week, Ronald Jones has yet to impress. Barber is back and healthy enough to play against a beat up rush defense from Cincinnati. The Bengals defense allows 5 yards per touch which makes Barber an interesting addition this week.
- Doug Martin – OAK RB – I like him more than Jalen Richard. I think Martin is more of a featured back and could get somewhere between 15-20 carries a game. Richard will be utilized as the passing back which could hurt Martin’s status a bit.
- Martavis Bryant – OAK WR – OC Greg Olson wants to see more out of him after the Amari Cooper trade to DAL. He loves his size, skill, and speed and expressed that he’s still learning the system. He’s a must add wherever he’s available.
- Elijah McGuire – NYJ RB – with question marks surrounding Bilal Powell, he’s a must add if you have room on your bench to stash him. McGuire returned to practice last week and he’s eligible for availability next week. He’ll return with a significant role behind Crowell and could eventually take over that backfield.
Week 8 Picks
(11-3) last week and this week I also took the Texans on Thursday Night.
More next week…Good Luck!
Questions on lineups?? DM on Twitter