SLU defeats SIUE 4-0! #Billikens Postgame Interview with Coach Katie Shields presented by U.S. Bank. #PowerofPossible https://t.co/lLtIiRjQrV
Saint Louis 4, SIUE 0
Sunday, August 26, 2018 | 2 p.m. CDT
Robert R. Hermann Stadium | Saint Louis, Missouri
• Saint Louis exploded for four second-half goals and defeated SIUE 4-0 Sunday afternoon at Hermann Stadium.
• Four different Billikens found the back of the net, all scoring their first goal of the season. Freshman Hannah Friedrich picked up the first goal of her Saint Louis career and was joined in the scoring column by Courtney Reimer, Olivia Petit and Haley Cox.
• The Billikens improved to 2-1-1 with their first home victory of the season. SIUE fell to 0-3.
Hannah Friedrich (Maddie Pokorny), 51:19, SLU 1-0; Courtney Reimer (penalty kick), 64:35, SLU 2-0; Olivia Petit (Megan Crevoiserat), 78:17, SLU 3-0; Haley Cox (penalty kick), 88:01, SLU 4-0.
• The Billikens posted a 33-6 edge in total shots, a 17-5 advantage in shots on goal and a 10-3 margin in corner kicks.
• SLU’s four goals, 33 shots and 17 shots on frame are season highs. The Bills’ 10 corner kicks equaled their season best.
• Maddie Pokorny fired game highs of six total shots and four shots on goal. Both totals also are SLU season highs. Pokorny is now tied for sixth on SLU’s career list for total shots (160).
• Olivia Silverman made five saves.
• Olivia Petit four total shots included a career-high-tying three on frame.
• Lindsay Sands recorded four shots, while Courtney Reimer, Hannah Friedrich and Evie Lavelle had three apiece.
• Megan Crevoiserat notched her first collegiate point with an assist on Petit’s goal.
• Alli Klug, Olivia Silverman, Emma Farley and Isabel Burke played all 90 minutes.
SAINT LOUIS STARTERS
Olivia Silverman, Alli Klug, Maddie Pokorny, Courtney Reimer, Lindsay Sands, Emma Farley, Hannah Friedrich, Evie Lavelle, Olivia Petit, Isabella Palazzolo, Isabel Burke.
SAINT LOUIS SUBSTITUTES
Sydney Walker, Jess Kopec, Alyssa Seitzer, Kassie Newsom, Elli Brunts, Annabelle Copeland, Megan Crevoiserat, Haley Cox.
The Billikens play at Vanderbilt Friday, Aug. 31, at 7 p.m.