Dayton 101, Saint Louis 76
Sunday, January 14, 2018 | 2 p.m. (ET)
UD Arena | Dayton, Ohio
• Jackie Kemph scored a season-high 24 points and tallied a game-high 12 assists, but Atlantic 10 Conference co-leader Dayton walked away with a 101-76 win Sunday afternoon at UD Arena.
• The Billikens fell to 8-9 overall and 2-2 in the A-10. Dayton, which extended its winning streak to six, improved to 12-4, 5-0.
• Kemph’s double-double was her third this season and the 14th of her career.
• Saint Louis led 9-5 before Dayton’s 20-5 run put the Flyers ahead 25-14 with just under a minute remaining.
• Jenny Vliet and Kemph knocked down 3-pointers on SLU’s final two possessions of the period, and the Dayton lead was narrowed to 25-20.
• The Billikens extended the run to 14-0 on their first three possessions of the second quarter. Kerri McMahan tossed in two free throws, and Vliet and Kemph followed with triples that put Saint Louis in front 28-25.
• After Dayton regained the lead on a pair of buckets, Kemph scored in the lane for a 30-29 Billiken edge.
• However, the Flyers closed the first half with a 21-4 outburst that gave them a 50-34 cushion at intermission.
• Dayton began the second half on a 10-4 run that stretched its lead to 60-38 at the 8:15 mark of the third quarter.
• Saint Louis climbed back in it with an 11-0 spurt. Paige Rakers canned a pair of treys, Jordyn Frantz hit from beyond the arc, and Vliet scored a second-chance layup to cut the UD lead to 60-49 with 4:55 left.
• Dayton scored on its next two possessions and gradually widened the gap. The Flyers led 79-59 heading into the final stanza.
• The Billikens scored two early field goals to make it a 16-point game, but that was as close as they would get.
• Saint Louis tied its season low of eight turnovers.
• The Billikens connected 10 times from beyond the arc, their second-highest total of the season.
• Kemph sank six free throws, giving her 399 for her career. She needs just eight to break the SLU record held by Theresa Lisch.
• Vliet buried a season-high four 3-pointers and finished with 14 points and seven rebounds.
• Rakers (5-of-7 FG) scored 12 points.
• Maddison Gits pulled down a team-high 10 rebounds, her sixth double-digit effort this season and seventh of her career. Gits also had a game-high four blocks, tying her career high.
Jenna Burdette, 33 points, seven rebounds, five assists; Lauren Cannatelli, 19 points; JaVonna Layfield, 15 points, 21 rebounds, five assists; Alex Harris, 12 points, 14 rebounds; Jordan Wilmoth, 11 points, 11 rebounds; Jayla Scaife, 11 points, five assists.
The Billikens host Massachusetts Thursday, Jan. 18, at 7 p.m.