A few days ago, I had the opportunity to do a Q&A Interview with St.Louis Cardinals backup catcher, Brayan Pena! Below are some of the questions and answers from the interview!
1. Q- What has been your favorite part of the offseason so far?
A- My trip back to Cuba , was amazing, I really had a great time with my family and doing those baseballs clinics with the kids!
2. Q- Explain what it is like playing for an MLB Franchise?
A- A Very humble opportunity, because a lot of people desire to be in our position and we continue to do so, I always thank god for choosing me to be part of such a great HONOR!
3. Q- What all do you remember about May 23, 2005, your debut?
A- Calling my family in Cuba and telling them about my debut at the major league level, everybody was very excited and happy because all that sacrifice finally payed off!
4. Q- In your 11 years in the MLB, what has been your most memorable moment so far?
A- I have a lot, but my favorite one was the day my daughter was burn i hit 2 home runs at Yankee Stadium!
5. Q- Throughout your career who have you always looked up to, or been your role model?
A- EDGAR RENTERIA, great friend and he really tought me how to be a professional on and off the field!
6. Q- What are you most excited about in the 2016 season?
A- I am going to be part of a great team and a great organization, that is a position that every player wants to be in, in his career!
7. Q- What was your first thought when you realized you were going to be a St.Louis Cardinal?
A- I am going to be apart of a great tradition, greatness and awesome players!
8. Q- What number are you going to wear in 2016, and why did you choose that number?
A- #33, because it was my number in Cuba!
9. Q- Do you think Opening Day should be a National Holiday?
Let us know what you think about my Q&A Interview with Brayan Pena, and any other players that you would like me to do a Q&A with!
Follow me on Twitter @easton_leonard
Please comment any questions that you have for me and I will answer them in my next post.