We highlight the good as we look back at week 3
- The Panthers are becoming one of the most fun teams to watch this season. After falling into a quick 10-0 hole against a Saints team playing without Drew Brees, the Panthers were able to match the score before the half and didn’t trail the rest of the game. Cam Newton is not just putting up numbers that get the team by, he is putting up numbers that lead the team to decisive victories. The once flashy rookie is now playing smarter to get the win instead of the highlight, and that leads to deep playoff runs.
- If I gave you three guesses to who has the largest point differential in the NFL would you be able to say the Arizona Cardinals? Last season this was a team that flew under the radar and was able to make the playoffs with a great defense and an offense that was led by Carson Palmer until a late season injury made them limp into the wildcard weekend. Every victory get’s even more impressive. With a 40 point win over division rival 49ers, the Cardinals continue to prove their place in the division is on top.
- Who knew a non quarter back player could make such a difference in a team? Adrian Peterson is such a dynamic threat that he may single handedly lead the team to a wildcard victory. The Vikings are ranked third in rushing yards per game but dead last in passing yards. If they pick up a capable QB in the future through free agency, they may have an offense much like the Cardinals.
- The Broncos are showing they are much more than a hall of fame quarter back. Peyton Manning is still the general of the team but they are getting wins by fighting hard all four quarters. The Lions had multiple chances of taking the lead late in the game but the Broncos D was able to shut them down and get Manning in good field position to put points on the board. A well rounded team is exactly what Denver needed, I only fear the Patriots may have found that team first.
- The race for perfection is always one of the most interesting story lines in week to week in the NFL. After three weeks, we still have seven teams looking to do what has yet to be done and that is go 19-0. Many predict that the Patriots are the best all around team this year but is perfection in the cards? The Cardinals are blowing teams out of the water while the Bengals and Broncos are finding ways to win as a team. Who do you think is going to be the last team standing this year? Leave a comment and let’s talk about it.